Sunday, March 25, 2012

A geographical look at the Singapore River

This it a map of the area around the Singapore River

Coleman Bridge:
This bridge was built in the year 1840, the bridge had nine arches, and was designed by and named after George Drumgoole Coleman (1795–1844), an Irish architect and Singapore's first architect. It is a vehicular bridge in Singapore. The bridge links Hill Street and New Bridge Road, spanning the Singapore River near Clarke Quay.

Anderson Bridge:
The bridge is a vehicular bridge that spans across the Singapore River. It is located near the river's mouth in the Downtown Core Planning Area of Singapore's Central AreaThe bridge was completed in 1910, and was named after the Governor of the Straits Settlements and High Commissioner for the Federated Malay States (1904–1911), Sir John Anderson, who officially opened the bridge on 12 March 1910. It formed part of theSingapore Grand Prix's Marina Bay Street Circuit, which debuted on 28 September 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment